When I was 19 I had an experience that changed my life.
It was an awakening experience that showed me that truth sat before God – source, the universe or whatever else you would like to call this omnipotent energy that we are all part of.
I was raised a Catholic and had the fear of God planted in my mind by an 80 year old Irish nun. By 19, I had rejected religion and was living in a spiritually dark place.
Following this experience I felt like the world I knew had fallen away, I was lost in a forest and it was my job to find my way back home. My guiding light was the holy grail of truth.
I have learnt much:
- that forgiveness is key to healing;
- that each time I strip away a layer of ego, or follow a path aligned with truth I become freer in my being, more comfortable in my skin and happier with who I am;
- that miracles and magic are part of this path;
- there is always mystery;
- that sitting underneath or in the core of even the strongest emotion is love, light and freedom;
- that the more we know, the less we know : )
- to surrender
- follow my heart to the truth;
- that each step of the way takes courage and self love;
- that we are loved more than we could ever imagine;
- that guidance is available – we only have to ask and trust;
- that this is a journey of a lifetime;
- and much more.
I now live largely in freedom, though there is always work to be done. Each layer peeled away reveals another layer to be worked on.
I invite you to delve into the truth of who you are.